Turkish Textile Industry
Turkey has also gained valuable experience in fabric design and it is started to present its special designs with fashion shows in prominent markets. Turkish textile industrialists, most of whom has created their own trademark together with the patent rights, provide the most important foreign home textile and clothing companies with their fabric.
Many pattern design competitions that make important contributions to development of fabric design in Turkey are organized by different institutions leading to emergence of young designers and creation of product diversity
Turkey takes part in many famous international fairs in textile sector, international textile fairs were organized within Turkey and Turkey’s potential is shown successfully all over the world.
Main advantages of Turkish textile industry in production and supply of raw materials:
- Richness in basic raw materials (ranked seventh in the world with the annual cotton production about 375 thousand tons and production of synthetic and artificial fibers in substantial amounts)
- Geographical proximity to main markets, especially European markets
- Short logistics period due to geographical proximity
- Qualified and well-educated labor force
- Liberal trade policies
- Well-developed textile finishing industry
- Giving importance to quality, environment and human health, sensitivity on working conditions of workers
- Customs Union agreement with the European Union and free trade agreements with many other countries